Please send your CV to:
Jobs - We offer Chances
Promotion of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET)
|Position||Junior Project Manager (Int. Expert)|
|Origin of funding||KfW Development Bank, Frankfurt, Germany|
|Duration||48 months + 12 months Defects Liability Period|
The Project “Promotion of Technical and Vocational Education and Training” (TVET) is composed of two main components:
- Component 1: “Centers of Competence in Technical and Vocational Education and Training”, which concerns the establishment of three existing technical schools into Applied Technology Schools (ATS) with a status of Centers of Competence (CoC) focusing on the fields of renewable energy and energy efficiency.
- Component 2: “Promotion of Technical and Vocational Education and Training”, which comprises upgrading of selected Technical Secondary Schools (TSS).
The objective of the Project is to improve the technical and human capacities of the promoted technical schools and Centers of Competence in order to offer labour-market-relevant, high-quality and practice oriented vocational training in Egypt. The overall development goal (impact) is to improve the quality and quantity of employment for young adults in Egypt.
The Project activities will be financed by the German Financial Cooperation (FC) and the European Union (EU) through KfW via a so-called blending mechanism. The Project Executing Agency is the Ministry for Education and Technical Education (MoETE).
The Junior Project Manager (international expert) will assist the Team Leader and Deputy Team Leader in coordination, management and monitoring of the Project tasks. The position is full-time based in Cairo, Egypt. More information can be shared upon request.
- University degree (preferably master’s degree or equivalent)
- at least 5 years of professional experience (project experience)
- and be fluent in English
- regional experience (Egypt or MENA region)
- experience in the design of minimum 3 state-of-the-art facilities of higher education (preferable in TVET)
The project is divided into two components. In both components, technical schools will be rehabilitated and expanded, if needed. This includes the rehabilitation of classrooms, workshops, ...