Jobs - We offer Chances
Employment Oriented Vocational Training in Skilled Crafts in Jordan
|Origin of funding||Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Eschborn, Germany|
|Duration||08/2020 – 01/2022|
The program titled “Employment Oriented Vocational Training in Skilled Crafts” is part of aspecial initiative designed to stabilize and promote development in North Africa and the Middle East commissioned by Germany’s Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The objective of the Skilled Crafts project is to enable young people and adults among vulnerable Jordanians and Syrian refugees to take advantage of the employment opportunities in skilled craft professions. To achieve this objective, career guidance and counselling (CGC) activities for youth, and capacity development measures for implementation partners will be conducted. The skilled crafts project is supporting the MOL and the relevant institutions in the development of career guidance services in both strategic and working levels as follows:
Project support to the strategic level:
This includes the development of a comprehensive career guidance concept paper for TVET sector; aiming to enhance the implementation of “Jordan’s National Strategy of Vocational Guidance and Counselling Services”.
Project support to the working level:
- The development of career guidance curricula targeting the vocational training institutions, the industrial schools and CGCC manuals for employment offices. The development and piloting of training offers according to the curricula including capacity building for training providers.
- The development of operational manuals for employment and career guidance units in the targeted institutions (Ministry of Labour, industrial schools/ Ministry of Education, Vocational Training Corporation, National Employment and Training Company, Jordan Chamber of Industry).
The overall objective of this contract is to contribute to the above activities by developing a qualification system for career counselors according to the Jordanian NQF and based on the international best practices. Furthermore, the qualification system will include essential training programs and classified certificates.
1. Team Leader
- University qualification (Master or equivalent for example German “Diploma”) in Psychology, Economy, International Relations, Politics, Sociology or any related major.
- Fluent business language skills in English (European Referencen Level C1)
- General professional experience: 15 years of professional experience in employment promotion and TVET, including extensive experiences in developing raining offers and training accreditation systems
- Specific professional experience: 10 years in Career Guidance and Counseling services
- 6 years of management/leadership experience as project team leader or manager in a company
- 5 years of relevant professional experience in the MENA Region, of which 2 years in projects in Egypt, Jordan and/or Palestine
- 6 years of experience in Development Cooperation (DC) projects
- 1 year of experience in financial management (International organizations or Community-based organizations)
2. National Expert
- University qualification (Master or equivalent for examplenGerman “Diploma”) in Psychology, Economy, International Relations, Sociology or any related major.
- Fluent business language skills in English (European Reference Level C1) and Arabic as a mother tongue
- General professional experience: 10 years of professional experience in employment promotion and TVET, including extensive experiences in developing training offers and training accreditation systems
- Specific professional experience: 5 years in Career Guidance and Counseling services
- 3 years of management/leadership experience as a project team leader or a company manager
- 5 years of (relevant) professional experience in Jordan
- 6 years of experience in DC projects
3. STE Pool (4-6 experts)
- Education/training: all proposed experts with university qualification (Master or equivalent for example German ‘Diploma’/Master) in Psychology, Sociology or any related major.
- All proposed experts with very good English proficiency skills (European Reference Level C1), two of whom must have good Arabic proficiency skills (European Reference Level B2)
- General professional experience: 3 experts with 10 years of experience in professions accreditation systems
- Specific professional experience: 2 experts with 7 years of experience in CGCC, 1 expert with 3 years of experience in CGCC for TVET institutions
- Regional experience: 2 experts with 5 years of relevant working experience in the Middle East (Lebanon, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Jordan and/or Palestine), 1 expert with 5 years of experience in Egypt, Jordan and/or Palestine
- 2 experts with 10 years of experience in DC projects
HTU + TVET Campus in Amman: Site development and construction and technical fit-out of several buildings consisting of a new training building complex hosting technical workshops and labs, a new administration building including offices, ...