Please send your CV to:
Jobs - We offer Chances
International Solid Waste Experts for a sector study that shall develop appropriate
|Origin of funding||KfW Development Bank, Frankfurt, Germany|
The tasks of the team comprise:
- Investigate strategies and concepts for the development of waste management systems and infrastructure in accordance with the National Waste Management Strategy and EU standards.
- Assess entry points for private sector engagement and where interfaces can be established. Discuss corresponding ideas and plans of relevant bodies (ministries).
- Assess which corresponding models for future operation can be developed in addition to the SWMCG. In addition, the Consultant will define the future role of the SWMCG and identify other potential fields of action such as conduction of recycling and segregation at source of valuable waste fractions, etc.
- Determine the costs of future models and adequate tariffs
- Assess the potential of citizen’s protests against planned ISWM infrastructures and propose measures to improve their social acceptance
- Provide an objective, verifiable and transparent prioritization system of ISWM infrastructure investments that builds on a needs and impacts assessment;
- Provide a phased investment plan for local and regional ISWM infrastructure for the short, medium and long term (2020, 2025 and 2030), concerning waste collection and transport, reduction and recycling of waste as well as waste treatment and/or disposal facilities.
- Propose the necessary legal and institutional changes that will make the investment plan indicative of the current situation, in line with national priorities and policies and easily implemented.
- Analyse the national regulations regarding Environmental, Social, Health and Safety (ESHS) issues compared to the KfW ESHS standards and propose measure to bridge the gaps.
- Propose accompanying measures that will make the Sector Study more applicable and implementable.