Jobs - We offer Chances
Solid Waste Management Programme II for the Kakheti and Samegrelo-Zemo
|Status||Expression of Interest|
|Position||International & National Experts|
|Origin of funding||KfW Development Bank, Frankfurt, Germany|
SWMCG intends to implement comprehensive Solid Waste Management Systems in the Georgian Regions Kakheti and Samegrelo-Zemo Svaneti in order to improve the general sanitary conditions and to avoid negative impacts on natural resources, the general environment and human health. The project is supported by the Financial Cooperation between Germany and Georgia, providing capital investment for:
- The construction of a sanitary landfill for non-hazardous waste (one for each region) including all mobile and immobile equipment for operation, monitoring and control,
- The construction a certain number of transfer stations for each region and supply of related long distance transport equipment for transport of municipal solid waste from the transfer station to the landfill,
- The supply of solid waste management equipment for upgrading of municipal solid waste collection in each region
- As well as equipment for separate collection of recyclables in Samegrelo-Zemo Svaneti and equipment for a composting facility at the new landfill for Kakheti Region.
- The closure and rehabilitation of the existing landfills in both regions shall be supported and financed by the Project as well.
An Accompanying Measures Consultant will support the Kakheti and Samegrelo-Zemo Svaneti regions and the PEA in the areas of organisational and institutional development, financial management, public relation and the implementation of the pilot projects in separation at source for recyclables and composting.
The Consultant's main tasks comprise:
- Preparation of the specification of the equipment for street sweeping, waste collection and waste transport, and support in the extension and improvement of municipal waste services;
- Institutional strengthening and capacity building of the SWMCG, the administrations of the cities and municipalities as well as the public service companies in the Project Area;
- Development and implementation of management information and financial management systems;
- Support the calculation of gate fees and user fees as well as the development and implementation of a gate fee and tariff system including a tariff collection mechanism that aims at least at operational cost recovery;
- Support the implementation of the composting and recycling pilot projects;
- Support the implementation of public relations and awareness raising campaigns;
- Support the reporting to KfW.