Jobs - We offer Chances
Solid Waste Management Programme Investment Options in Albania
|Position||International & National Experts|
|Origin of funding||KfW Development Bank, Frankfurt, Germany|
The Consultant shall prepare a study to assess the need and feasibility to implement improved municipal Integrated Solid Waste Management Systems for the waste zones of Durres, Shkoder-Lezhe, Berat, Vlora, Korca and Sarande. Already identified measures include amongst others the construction of an inert waste landfill, the rehabilitation of rural dump sites, the procurement of collection and transport equipment, construction of transfer stations, mechanical-biological waste treatment plants and the measures to reduce dumping of waste into the ocean.
The Consultant’s main tasks comprise:
- Analysis of the present situation, problem analysis and formulation of Project objectives (Phase 1)
- Development of a Concept for Integrated Solid Waste Management Systems (Phase 2a)
- Selection of appropriate sites for treatment plants, sanitary landfill and transfer stations or transfer points, if any (Phase 2 b)
- Organisation of a planning workshop (Phase 2c)
- Preparation of the Feasibility Study (Phase 3)
- Development of an Environmental and Social Management Framework (ESMF), Environmental and Social Impact Assessment Studies and Stakeholder Engagement Plan (SEP) to support the PEA in the permitting procedure
- Preparation of the final Feasibility Study Report
The Project concerns the development of waste management implementation and operation plans for targeted national parks, the building of relevant infrastructure, along with an implementation of adequate...